The school holidays are over and it’s back to teaching and reality for me this week! That means getting organised in the food department again, so here’s a new recipe to start the term with.
My Bacon & Asparagus Slice has been a life saver at morning tea; high protein, low carb it kept the hunger at bay so I haven’t been craving sugar at lunch time!
I made it on Sunday and it kept for a week in the fridge, it was popular with my teen boys, (although I was stingy this week and didn’t share much)!!
Bacon & Asparagus Slice
Serves 6 generous portions
- 8 eggs
- 400g of asparagus chopped into small chunks
- 2 handfuls of washed baby spinach chopped
- half a cup of Parmesan cheese
- 6 mushrooms, diced
- 4 spring onions chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic
- 6-8 slices lean bacon cut into long slices
- half a cup of fresh flat leaf parsley
- pinch nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- In a large mixing bowl combine the asparagus, spinach, mushrooms, spring onions & parsley
- Beat the eggs well with the crushed garlic
- Add nutmeg & salt & pepper to taste
- Add the Parmesan cheese and egg mixture to the vegetables and mix thoroughly
- Line a Quiche dish with baking paper and spoon in the mixture
- Cover the top of the slice with bacon, overlapping the slices slightly
- Bake at 180 degrees C for approx 30 minutes or until the egg has firmly set
- Cool on a wire rack and store in the fridge
Feedback is always welcome whether you have ideas for improvement, questions or rave reviews!
Leave your ideas in the comments, I reply to everyone!