The only draw-back with it is that it disappears so quickly! I have taken to making double and keeping half uncooked in the freezer to replenish stocks mid-week as the kids eat it like it’s going out of fashion!!
Green Thai Curry Meatloaf
- 1 500g pkt turkey mince
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 zucchini grated & squeezed out
- 1 carrot grated & squeezed out
- 1 tsp garlic crushed (I use the paste)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 generous tsp green Thai curry pate (I used Ayam brand)
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup ground almond meal (shredded coconut can be substituted)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds for the top (optional)
This is such a simple meatloaf to make!
- Mix the turkey, vegetables and onion, garlic, ginger, salt and curry paste thoroughly in a bowl.
- Add the egg and continue to mix until the minced turkey meat is smooth
- Slowly add the almond meal till the consistency is like a thick sticky paste
- Spoon into a lined loaf tin or small baking tray
- Sprinkle with seeds of your choice
- Bake at 180 centigrade for approx 30 minutes till firm and spongy
- When you remove it from the oven it will be a bit wet around the edges (moisture escapes during the cooking process) so drain off the excess liquid and dry on a cooling rack
- Keep refrigerated for up to 4 days
Look forward to hearing what you think of it in the comments!